We all have problems sleeping from time to time, up all night and groggy in the morning, but when it becomes a chronic issue, it can become a serious problem. It can be boredom, stress or too much exposure to your phone screen which is not letting you sleep. Today a large number of people face long nights and restless mornings with insomnia, despite leading a healthy lifestyle. Many insomniacs have tried prescription drugs but they usually only mask the symptoms and they eventually build up a resistance to them. However, studies show that CBD can have a long-lasting effect on treating insomnia without side effects. Today in this article we will discuss the potential of CBD for treating insomnia, so let’s start with understanding CBD.
There are different cannabinoids chemical compound which is present in the hemp plant. CBD is the second most prevalent chemical compound which is found in the hemp plant. It is emerging as a potential treatment for different medical conditions such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, acne, anxiety, depression, heart disease, diabetes, and many more. CBD oil is extracted from hemp seeds and it is non-psychoactive in nature. This means CBD won’t get you high. CBD can be consumed orally, capsules, vaped, or it can be used in the form of creams.
What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia can be defined as an inability to get a sufficient amount of sleep at night. Insomnia involves taking more than 30 minutes to fall asleep or if you sleep less than six hours. In this topic, I will tell you different types of insomnia by which you can identify the type.
This type of insomnia is basically genetically based. The beginning of this type of insomnia starts in childhood or infancy.
When people are suffering from worry and anxiety they start facing sleeping disorders. In this type of insomnia, people might face sleepless nights.
The people with huge caffeine intake, undesirable sleep times, and habitually take small naps to suffer from inadequate insomnia. This is caused due to abnormal sleeping times.
People who are suffering from withdrawal effect from different intoxicating substances go through sleeping difficulties known as drug insomnia.
What Are The Symptoms And Causes Of Insomnia?
If you are suffering from insomnia then you may go through following symptoms like,
- Lack of attention and concentration
- You may face different behavioral problems like aggression, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness.
- A regular headache and chronic pain
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Lack of performance in work increased chances of errors, and physical accidents.
- Mood swings and feeling of depression or irritability
Cause of long term insomnia can be anything but commonly is related to genetics or circadian rhythm disorder.
There are different medical conditions and disorders which can lead to insomnia like depression, anxiety, and nocturia. Short-term insomnia can be caused by different factors like jet lag, change in temperature, financial problems and stress from work. Chronic insomnia is caused by different serious factors like frustration, anxiety, and abuse from toxic substances.
The Relation Between CBD And Sleep
According to ScienceDaily research team “Circadian Rhythm” is a twenty-four-hour physiological process in humans. Endocannabinoid body system has two ways to communicate with the circadian rhythm. Which means CBD has a direct effect on your sleep. By using CBD products support is provided to weak body cells and the healthy cells are enhanced. This relieves the anxiety disorder and it reduces the sleeping difficulties.
Benefits Of CBD For Insomnia
- CBD can be helpful in treating PTSD medical condition which is caused by some fear or emotional trauma triggered in the brain. This medical condition can give you restless and sleepless nights. CBD has certain anti-inflammation properties because of which radical stress can be reduced and you can enjoy a good sleep.
- If you are suffering from chronic pain then you may wake up in the middle of the night by which your sleep may get interpreted. Use of CBD oil can help in reducing chronic pain by which you can improve your sleep.
- If you are feeling joyless and sad then this disorder can cause a lack of sleep. Use of CBD releases serotonin chemical, which acts as a mood stabilizer and helps you sleep effectively.
Final Thoughts On CBD For Insomnia
After reading this article you must have understood that the use of CBD can be very beneficial for treating insomnia.
Thousands of people are getting rid of sleeping pills by using CBD as a sleep supplement. So without any doubts, you can try for CBD to improve your sleep. If you want to know the right doses of CBD then you should consult your doctor right away.